Health & Wellbeing
Books are a great source of information about health and wellbeing issues. If you would like to print off the booklists use the links on the right hand side of the screen or click below to see which books are available to borrow today.
Living well with Dementia provides a range of titles offering personal stories, information and advice and support for carers.
Mood Boosting Books is a national promotion of uplifting titles, including novels, poetry and non-fiction. The books are recommended by readers and reading groups around the country.
Macmillan Recommended Reads is part of the award winning service Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries offering advice and information across our libraries. The books listed include information about cancer and real life experiences
Parent collections are available in all our libraries and provide resources to support parents of children of all ages.
NHS inform is Scotland's national health information service.
It aims to provide the people in Scotland with accurate and relevant information to help them make informed decisions about their own health and the health of the people they care for.
On NHS inform you'll find information about:
- medical conditions
- tests and treatments
- healthy living topics - such as smoking, alcohol, food and nutrition and mental wellbeing
- health news and events
- national health campaigns
- services provided by GPs, pharmacies and dental surgeries in Scotland
- your rights when using these services
There are also a number of interactive tools:
- Self-help guides for common illnesses and injuries
- a National Services Directory containing hundreds of support groups and thousands of NHS services in Scotland
- Info for Me tool that helps you to gather, save, publish and share your own health information
Check out the new NHS Inform website or phone their helpline on 0800 22 44 88 (Open from 8.00am to 10pm, 7 days a week)
Your child's world broadens as they become more mobile and vocal, and attend nursery or playgroup. In this book, Dr Dawn guides you through the changes you will notice in the next three years, and helps you stay one step ahead in your child's expanding world. She explains how to foster your child's growing independence in eating, dressing and bathing, while keeping him or her safe and well.