Dementia is a common condition. Your risk of developing dementia increases as you get older, and the condition usually occurs in people over the age of 65. Find out more about the condition.
All of our libraries are recognised as dementia friendly environments.
NHS inform is Scotland's national health information service.
Its aim is to provide the people in Scotland with accurate and relevant information to help them make informed decisions about their own health and the health of the people they care for.
What you'll find on NHS inform
NHS inform provides information about:
- illnesses, injuries and conditions
- tests and treatments
- healthy living topics - such as smoking, alcohol, food and nutrition and mental wellbeing
- health news and events
- national health campaigns
- services provided by GPs, pharmacies and dental surgeries in Scotland
- your rights when using these services
NHS inform also has a number of interactive tools: