- over 900 editions of the works including 2 copies of the 1786 Kilmarnock edition and two printings of the 1787 Edinburgh edition
- 15 original manuscripts in the poet's hand, including the only surviving letter written by Burns in Scots and the only copy in existence of ‘The Ordination'
- translations of the poet's works into more than 36 languages
- ephemera, artefacts and scrapbooks
- complete set of The Burns' Chronicle
The Collection is housed in The Burns Room in the older part of the Library which was built in 1911. This area is not open to the general public but material from the Collection may be consulted during library opening hours. A printed catalogue of the Collection is available and many recently acquired items are listed in the online catalogue. For more information or to arrange a visit contact Special Collections.